Tech-Connect is a Zendesk marketplace app that connects the Synchroteam field service application to Zendesk Support.
Synchroteam is a cloud-based field service management solution that helps businesses efficiently manage their mobile workers. Some of the features include dispatching, scheduling, inventory management, GPS tracking, and reporting.
The app allows you to link Synchroteam jobs to Zendesk tickets using a custom field that contains the Synchroteam job ID. The sidebar app will display the job details and will allow you to update, schedule, cancel, and validate jobs from within the Zendeks ticket.
You do need a Synchroteam subscription for this integration to work. You can sign up for a free Synchroteam trial here if you do not have a current Synchroteam account (you have to sign up prior to installing the application).
Prior to installing the application from the Zendesk marketplace, the following must be configured:
- You need an active Synchroteam subscription (free Synchroteam trial here)
- Generate the authentication key in the Synchroteam application
- Log in to your Synchroteam portal as an administrator.
- Click on the settings icon (gear) and select "More"
- Select the "Authentication Key" option under "Mobile and Integrations"
- Copy the existing key if you have one or use the "Generate New Key" button to generate a new key.
- Use a Base64 encoder to generate the token that will be used by the app.
This encoded token is the base64 encoded representation of:
One option is to use the encoder found at https://www.base64encode.org/. Enter your subdomain followed by a ":" and then the API key you generated, and click encode to generate your token. See the example below:
- Create a custom ticket field in Zendesk that will be used to capture the Synchroteam job number used to link the job to the Zendesk ticket. You will need the field ID during installation.
- Search for the "Synchroteam Integration" application in the Zendesk marketplace and click install.
- During the installation, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Your Synchroteam subdomain. Only provide the subdomain part excluding the "@synchroteam.com". For, example: "email@example.com" only capture "acme".
- The Synchroteam Base64 API token you generated.
- The custom field ID from Zendesk.
- You can set the role or group restrictions to limit access to the app.
- You will only be billed for agents that have access to the app
View Tech-Connect functionality here